An easy to make 20 Minute Perfect Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe the whole family can enjoy. Seriously, these Chicken Lettuce Wraps are ready in 20 minutes!
20 Minute Perfect Chicken Lettuce Wraps is really a perfect family recipe. Choose your favorite meat: chicken, turkey or ground beef. I personally like it better with ground chicken. This is a super creative and healthy meal idea.
This 20 Minute Perfect Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is so easy to make and you can incorporate fresh and healthy ingredients. Remember fresh ingredients is the key to your health. Try making them with chopped red peppers, grated ginger, mushrooms, or water chestnuts. For this recipe I used mushrooms, ginger, onions and garlic.
My son is not a huge fan or lettuce so I made some brown rice and he was happy with the meal. I have tried it with quinoa and it is a great combination as well. For more easy to make recipes check out my Gruyere Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon and Crock Pot Veal Meatballs Stew recipes.
Healthy Tip: I used Romaine lettuce but it will also work with other types that have big leaves. Remember that nutritional value depends on the color of the leaves. The more they look like Popeye’s dark-green spinach, the more vitamins and minerals they’re likely to contain.
A good rule of thumb is that nutritional value goes up as the green in the leaves gets darker, making iceberg easy to identify as the least nutritious. I can’t remember the last time I bought iceberg lettuce. There are so many alternatives now available at the supermarket that I never pick iceberg.
20 Minute Perfect Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped (you can use red peppers and water chestnuts too)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger
- ½ cup coconut aminos (about) *You can substitute for soy sauce if you prefer
- A little bunch of green onions chopped
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Romaine or Boston (Butter)Lettuce
- Cook ground chicken in a large skillet with a little sesame oil (you can use olive oil too) until well browned. Break the ground chicken with a wooden spoon. I cooked it at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, grated ginger, garlic cloves, green onions, and chopped mushrooms (or peppers/water chestnuts if using).
- Cook for another 5 minutes approximately . Then add the coconut aminos. I used about ½ of a cup. Depending on how much sauce you want, start adding it little by little. Add a little maple syrup or honey and a pinch of salt and taste it. Add more coconut aminos (or soy sauce), or honey/salt if needed. It really depends on your taste.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for about 5 more minutes in medium heat.
- Wash your lettuce leaves and start making your lettuce wraps. You can also serve them separately and make your own as you eat them.
- Your Chicken Lettuce Wraps are ready!