Cheesy Zucchini Pie with mushrooms, onions and sweet corn. Wow! Great combination with melted mozzarella cheese. It’s cheesy and so delicious!
This Cheesy Zucchini Pie recipe has the perfect combination of veggies: delicious zucchini, sweet corn, onions, and fresh mushrooms! Love the sweet and salty combination with mozzarella cheese. You can use any other type of cheese.
This recipe uses no crust and I wasn’t sure how a pie will come out without a crust but it turned out to be an excellent idea and makes it healthier too! It is a great pie option for vegetarians and people (like me) who love love love vegetarian dishes.
I got this idea from Pinch of Yum but changed a bit a couple of ingredients. If you are a fan of zucchini you will absolutely love this recipe! You might want to try also Grilled Zucchini Wraps with Goat Cheese.
This Cheesy Zucchini Pie recipe requires some prep time because you need to chop and slice your veggies and cook them until soft first (about 5-10 minutes). As you can see, I added roasted corn because I had some left from the day before but you can use fresh corn or frozen will work too.
Cheesy Zucchini Pie
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used Mozzarella cheese)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- While the veggies saute, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the oregano, and salt. Stir once to combine.
- Add the cheese and the beaten egg.
- Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) and grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan.
- Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.