For those who are becoming more conscious of the foods they eat, coconut flour is a very healthy alternative! Made from the meat of coconuts after the milk has been removed, coconut flour is loaded with nutrients that offer numerous health benefits.
Coconut flour is gluten free, high in protein, rich in fiber for easy for digestion, high in manganese for good mineral absorption, and high in lauric acid which is essential for immune health. Coconut flour is also easy to digest, provides instant energy, offers antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties, and may boost your metabolism. If you are interested in baking with healthy flours, you might want to also try my Banana Almond flour Muffins recipe.
If you like coconut and chocolate, this recipe is just wonderful! These cookies are simply delicious! Remember to buy the best ingredients possible, a real butter like the Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter and a good quality Organic Coconut Flour are really important.
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar (I used Demerara sugar)
- 4 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and salt.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Then add flour and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Make balls and flatten to desired cookie shape. You can also use your fun cutters!
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- This recipe makes about 15 cookies
Recommended products for this recipe: