I love this Cod Livornese recipe. It is a healthy and full of flavor dinner option for the entire family. Cod is a mild fish and combined with fresh ingredients and a delicious Livornese sauce you can’t go wrong! You can serve your Cod Livornese with homemade mashed potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, couscous, or steamed vegetables. I served it with some baked potatoes this time. This dinner recipe is also ready in 30 minutes.
If you would like more family dinner recipes, please check out my Molded Quinoa With Ground Beef Filing and Wild Mahi Mahi With Quinoa recipes. Fresh and real ingredients for super healthy family meals.
- 4 Cod fillets
- 1 tomato peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and oregano
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper and dip in flour.
- With a little olive oil in a large pan cook cod for a couple of minutes each side and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté onions and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato, a bit of oregano, capers and black olives.
- Cook for about 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Put the cod back in the pan and add the white wine.
- Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.