This Colorful Russian Style Quinoa Protein Power Salad is perfect for a healthy lunch or as an accompaniment to leftover meat.
I am in love with my new salad creation. A new version of a traditional Russian salad adding delicious quinoa. I made this salad with hard boiled eggs, beets, peas, quinoa, carrots, and a little mayonnaise. This recipe is so delicious and it is also protein packed.
I am always looking for new ways to try to eat better, more wholesome, more healthy. I also like to incorporate seasonal fresh produce. This Colorful Russian Style Quinoa Protein Power Salad is the answer if you are looking for a healthy and delicious recipe.
Eat this Colorful Russian Style Quinoa Protein Power Salad for lunch or as a side dish with any type of meat for dinner if you prefer. Yum! Super nutritious ingredients, fresh, and protein packed. Just perfect!
If you are interested in other creative and healthy salad recipes, please see my Amazing Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe. Stay healthy and make good food choices for you and your family.
Colorful Russian Style Quinoa Protein Power Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked beets chopped
- 1 cup cooked carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First you need to cook the veggies, quinoa and eggs. I like to steam my vegetables for about 7-10 minutes until they are soft. Chop the eggs and veggies when cooked. Let them cool down and set aside.
- For your dressing just mix the mayo with the juice of ½ a small lemon and a tablespoon of olive oil. Add also salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium size salad bowl, combine all the ingredients together. This salad is served cold so you need to wait until your cooked ingredients cool down first.
- If you are serving more than 3 people, just add a little more of each ingredient.