Tired of the same sauce? Are you looking for different flavors for your pasta dishes? This delicious Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce is perfect for the entire family. It’s cheesy, creamy, and I love the flavor from the red peppers. The best part? It is homemade and ready in minutes!
If you are tired of eating the same old Alfredo Sauce and want to try something new and exciting then you need to try this recipe. This recipe is also great for picky eaters who do not eat many vegetables.
It is really up to you to choose your favorite type of pasta. Pick anything from whole wheat to quinoa to zucchini noodles. This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce goes with everything! Add chicken or turkey also if you want. I kept it vegetarian and it was delicious without adding anything else.
You need to roast the peppers in the oven first for a few minutes but then it is just a matter of blending the ingredients and warming up the sauce. Your family will love it and the best part is you will be making a homemade dish using fresh ingredients.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) *optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You need to roast the red peppers first. Place them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. Turn on the broiler to max temperature and roast the peppers on the top level. Wait 3-5 minutes and when you see black spots appear, turn the peppers and continue to roast until all sides have the black spots. Take them out, let cool and and remove ribs, seeds, and stem.
- Add the 2 cleaned roasted bell peppers to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small/medium pot and warm it up mixing well. The heavy whipping cream will make the sauce thicker.
- Cook your favorite pasta according to the instructions and when ready, mix with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.