Let’s talk about a comforting and homemade dinner option for the entire family. I am thinking chicken, a light sauce, some cheese and of course bacon! This Gruyere Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon recipe is a must try. It is really not that complicated to make and OMG, tastes delicious. You can serve it with your favorite side dishes and make it a wonderful homemade family meal. My 4 year old son loved it!
Make sure you use fresh ingredients as always and why not use your favorite spices and give it a personal touch. For this recipe I used oregano, white wine, paprika, salt, and pepper. You also need toothpicks to wrap your chicken. I really like using chicken thighs instead of breasts because it comes out juicer and tender. Just buy boneless and skinless chicken thighs and stuff them rolling the thighs before wrapping them in bacon.
You can stuff your chicken breasts or thighs with cheese, ham, spinach, asparagus, kale, or any other vegetable you like. For this recipe I used gruyere cheese made with raw milk. Next time I am thinking of stuffing the chicken with spinach and artichokes. Yum, I can’t wait!
- About 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- A few slices of bacon
- Gruyere cheese (cut in small pieces for stuffing)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- A little white wine (optional)
- First you need to stuff your chicken thighs with a piece of gruyere cheese or any other vegetable you choose. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Then wrap around a slice or two of bacon and hold it together with toothpicks.
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil and place your chicken. Let it brown for a few minutes. Remove your chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, mix the chicken broth, flour and wine (optional). Cook in medium heat for a couple of minutes. Mix well.
- Place the chicken back, cover and let it cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.