Hard Boiled Egg Chicks are super creative and healthy. Get your kids involved in the process and make it also a super fun idea. Try adding some veggies, this time I made my egg chicks with chopped carrots. You can try so many different combinations: squash, zucchini, cauliflower, peas, carrots, beets, or your favorite vegetables. Use your creativity!
These hard boiled egg chicks are perfect for a kid’s party or just as a snack or side dish. It is also great for picky eaters because you can mix in some veggies. They are super easy to make and taste so yummy. In less than 20 minutes you can make adorable egg chicks.
You just need to boil your eggs and your favorite veggies for about 10 minutes and then it is just a matter of decoration. Simple and fresh ingredients. Look at the picture below, aren’t they adorable? You can use raisins, currants, or nuts for the eyes. This time I used pieces of roasted pistachios.
My son was super excited about this idea and helped me decorate the Hard Boiled Egg Chicks. After you cook the eggs, you need to remove the yolks and mix them with a little mayo, salt, and veggies (if you are using any). then place them back into your eggs and decorate. Make sure you cut a horizontal tip at the bottom of each egg so they can stand without falling.
Eggs are healthy and perfect for a snack or to serve at a party. They are also great for decoration. If you would like more egg fun food recipes, please try deviled egg sailboats. If you have any other fun food ideas with eggs, please let me know. I would love to share them in the blog!
Hard Boiled Egg Chicks
- Hard boiled eggs
- cooked veggies chopped (you can also make them without any veggies)
- Salt to taste
- Boil eggs for about 10 minutes. Cook any veggies also if using. When your hard boiled eggs are cooked and ready, cut the eggs and remove the yolks.
- Mash the yolks with some mayo, cooked/chopped carrots, and a bit of salt.
- Mix well and then build your egg chicks.
- Use raisins (I used pistachios this time) for the eyes and carrots for the beaks. Kids can help in the process and will make it a fun family activity too!
- Don't forget to cut the eggs horizontally (tip at the bottom) so eggs can stand without falling.
- Enjoy your Hard Boiled Egg Chicks!