This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #40DaysOfFlavor
It’s time for Lent and traditional Lent recipes. Growing up in Peru, I am used to eating lots of fish! During this special season all fish recipes are a MUST.
You need to get creative and find products like Clamato’s original tomato juice cocktail. It really does bring a boost of flavor to many dishes like my Healthy Baked Cod Escabeche.
I love cooking with fresh ingredients and love cod fish. So I came up with this Healthy Baked Cod Escabeche recipe. It is an easy to make, healthy, and so delicious.
Homemade food is really the best. Cook with quality ingredients and creativity, and you can enjoy wonderful balanced meals that are full of nutrition.
If you are not familiar with escabeche, it means marinade. For this Healthy Baked Cod Escabeche I decided to go to Walmart and purchase the original Clamato tomato juice. It is really the key ingredient for this dish to come out full of flavor. You can find Clamato’s original tomato juice in the fruit and veggie juice aisle.
My kids were super excited to go shopping at Walmart and get all the ingredients needed for this wonderful recipe. We got onions, tomatoes, cod fillets, and Clamato Original tomato juice. If you are interested in more exciting Lent recipes, check out Clamato’s 40 Days Of Flavor Ideas, and get inspired!
Clamato’s tomato juice was just the perfect ingredient for my cod and veggies. It was really the perfect combination with this mild fish, and my kids loved it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Healthy Baked Cod Escabeche
- 4 fresh cod fillets
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup Clamato's original tomato juice cocktail
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, oregano
- Cut the onions and tomatoes in slices and set aside.
- In a medium/large pan heat the olive oil and add the garlic, onions and tomatoes. Add Clamato's original tomato juice cocktail. Season with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Let it cook in medium/high heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a baking dish place the vegetables and the fish fillets.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are.