Healthier choice than serving chicken nuggets to children. Made with real chicken and ingredients you can actually pronounce! Healthy Breaded Chicken Cutlets are also great because the chicken is baked instead of fried.
Make it a fun meal and get some fun Cutters for these healthy chicken cutlets. My family loves this recipe and we serve it with homemade mashed potatoes, vegetables, rice or quinoa. Breaded Chicken Cutlets really goes great with any side dish. Try them with my Hash Brown Casserole or Quinoa With Veggies recipe!
I always bake with Parchment Paper instead of foil. A lot of recent studies are linking aluminum foil to health problems, including Alzheimer’s disease. Try using parchment paper — also called baking paper or baking parchment — it won’t stick, it is moisture-resistant and grease-resistant and makes cleaning up easy.
Healthy Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 egg
- All purpose flour
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, oregano, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pound chicken well with a Meat Hammer. I personally like my breaded chicken cutlets really thin. The cutlets will grow in size once they are thinner.
- In a bowl, place egg lightly beaten, flour on one side and bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper on the other side. Dredge in flour first then then the lightly beaten egg and finally the bread crumbs mix.
- In the oven on top of Parchment Paper with a little olive oil at 400 for 18-20 minutes turning the chicken cutlets once.
- I use cutters to serve it to my son sometimes! You can serve with rice, quinoa or pasta. Goes really great with any vegetable side dish too! This was enough for my family (2 adults and 1 child).
Recommended fun cutters for healthy breaded chicken cutlets: