Great vegetarian option. This Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe is absolutely delicious.
The other day I was thinking of making a vegetarian dish. I had some veggies at home that were about to go bad and thought of making a Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe. It came out great and the best part was my family also loved it. Even my 4 year old son who has been picky lately, tried it. Off course it wasn’t his favorite meal but at least he ate half of the portion I served him.
Remember to never give up and keep on offering healthy food options to kids. Create healthy eating habits by offering lots of vegetables and cook with fresh ingredients. Your meals will be tastier and super nutritious too.
The wonderful thing about this Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe is you can use your favorite vegetable combinations. I basically used everything I had in my kitchen and the casserole came out perfect. Use your favorite veggies and make different casseroles each time. This is all you need: veggies, eggs and parmesan cheese.
You can feel good about eating a nutritious meal full of health benefits. Eggs, vegetables, and a little cheese and your family can enjoy this wonderful Healthy Vegetable Casserole right out of the oven. I made it with cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, spinach, corn, green peas, and onions. For other great vegetable dishes please see Cream Of Broccoli Cheese Soup and Zucchini And Carrot Bars.
Healthy Mixed Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (about)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup green peas
- A little olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook for about 5-7 minutes (high) the finely chopped onions with some olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 3-5 minutes in medium heat. Take the skillet out of the heat.
- The rest of the vegetables (except spinach) need to be steamed first for about 5-8 minutes then you can place them in the large skillet. Remember you can use any vegetables you want and add more or less according to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 4 eggs well.
- Mix everything together, adding the spinach also. Place it in an oven safe casserole dish.
- Finally, add the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees