Healthy Sweet And Sour Pickled Radishes recipe. Easy to make and perfect for salads or side dishes.
I have a recent obsession with radishes. I crave them in my salads, tacos, sandwiches or simply as a side dish. Lately, I have been buying radishes every week and trying out recipes to find the perfect pickled radish.
So, I decided to make pickled radishes and add a touch of sweetness with maple syrup. No refined sugars, just pure and delicious maple syrup. Success! I found the perfect way to enjoy radishes.
I have to warn you these Healthy Sweet And Sour Pickled Radishes are really addictive!
I made this Easy Healthy Sweet And Sour Pickled Radishes recipe with Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. The healthiest vinegar you can buy!
Radishes are super healthy. They are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber. The good thing about them is you eat them raw preserving all their nutritional value. Radishes are a great source of fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, and calcium. They are good for your digestive system and can help relieve bloating or indigestion.
This recipe is so easy and healthy. Try them as a side dish or with your favorite salads. You won’t be disappointed. Radishes are delicious and full of health benefits.
Healthy Sweet And Sour Pickled Radishes
- 1 bunch radishes (about 10-12 radishes)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (just a pinch)
- Slice the radishes as thinly as possible.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, and sea salt. You can also add a little pepper if you want. If you like them extra sweet just add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup. Try it and adjust it according to your personal taste.
- Add the sliced radishes and mix well.
- Place everything in a small to medium glass tupperware (one that has a lid). You can also use a big mason jar with lid. Put the closed container in the fridge.
- The radishes will be ready in a couple of hours, but are best if kept in the fridge overnight. They will absorb all the sweet and sour flavor.
- To serve just take them out of the container (leaving some of the liquid) and enjoy.
- They will be good for about a week if kept refrigerated.
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas.
I also believe kids deserve to eat real food. If you are interested, please check out my recipes for easy to make, healthy, and homemade family meals. I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking. So most of my recipes are very easy to prepare.