I cooked this Healthy Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf Recipe yesterday for dinner. I had zucchini and broccoli left over from making baby food and I thought: Ok, let’s use them and make a side dish with wonderful quinoa. A few other ingredients and a little creativity and I had another great side dish for a great family dinner.
I added a couple of eggs and some soy sauce and I guess my Healthy Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf Recipe got an Asian twist. Kind of like a vegetable fried rice mixed with a pilaf sort of creation. Sounds weird but trust me, it tastes great. My family loved it and that’s what counts. The onion, garlic, zucchini and broccoli makes this dish a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your daily diet.
Super nutritious and healthy recipe that the entire family can enjoy. Ready in 30 minutes. Happy to share with you my latest side dish. Easy to make, I served it with baked salmon for dinner. You can try and make it with other vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, peppers or mushrooms. Yum!
If you like quinoa as much as I do, please also see my 5 Easy To Make Quinoa Recipes post. You will find creative ways to make quinoa dishes.
Healthy Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 zucchini cut in slices
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- In a medium size pan, sauté the onions with a little olive oil. Add the garlic and then the vegetables and mix well for only a couple of minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, move them to the side with a wooden spoon and add the 2 eggs mixing them like if you were making scrambled eggs. Break in pieces and then incorporate to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add the quinoa, the vegetable broth, the soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste, mix well and cook covered in medium heat for about 12-15 minutes or until the liquid absorbs and the quinoa is cooked.