Let me show you How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries if you follow a few simple rules. After trying many times, I have a few tips for you to get super crunchy, naturally sweet, and perfectly baked sweet potato fries.
I really don’t like frying and needed to come up with a way to make my fries taste like real fries. Who doesn’t love french fries? Kids and adults love them as a side dish. Now, instead of regular potatoes, make them with sweet potatoes and load on vitamin A and beta carotene.
Sweet potatoes are a great non-starchy carb. They also have more fiber and vitamin C than regular potatoes. How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries will be an awesome side dish for you and your family.
Want to make it a complete meal? Try them with my Healthy Homemade Chicken Tenders recipe. Real food that even picky eaters will love. Want a great dip for your delicious sweet potato fries? Try my Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch. We had it for dinner a few days ago and it was a total success: No Leftovers!
How To Make Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cut them all the same size.- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes all about the same size. This will help them cook evenly. I recommend cutting them thick because you will be baking them in high heat.
- Soak them in water.- After you are done cutting your sweet potato fries, place them in a big bowl with water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Coat them with just a little bit of oil.- A couple of teaspoons will be enough for an entire tray of sweet potato fries to be baked. Even when baking, you need a little oil for great results. I recommend using ghee, red palm, or coconut oil. After soaking in water, drain and coat using your hands.
- Turn on the heat.- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. After trying many times, I found my perfect temperature to be 425. Your sweet potatoes will come out crunchy and perfect if you bake at a higher temperature.
- Season them after baking.- I found that seasoning them before baking makes them very dry. Just bake them first and season when they are ready! You can use salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder or any other spice you like.
If you like sweet potatoes as much as I do, you might want to try my 2 Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe. Only 2 ingredients for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil or ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato in to fries.
- In a large bowl, soak them in water for about 45 minutes.
- Drain and coat with just a little oil using your hands.
- Place them on top of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Season them according to taste.