If you want the best comfort food, then you really need to try my Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew.
I made this Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew for dinner yesterday. I just love the combination of sweet and salty ingredients: veal, carrots, onions, tomatoes, fresh garlic, peas, raisins, bone broth, and a little seasoning. A true comfort food!
It’s homemade. It’s incredibly comforting. It’s full of delicious flavors!
Last week, my husband and I decided to go out of town for the weekend with our two kids. We visited Busch Gardens in Tampa, and Aquatica Water Park in Orlando. We had a blast! But we came back craving something hearty, homemade, made from scratch. You know how it is when you travel……yes, lots of processed foods. It is inevitable.
So, I decided to come back home and make a delicious homemade meal. One my entire family could really enjoy. This Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew was the perfect choice. Wholesome, yummy, and nourishing.
I really think stews are the best comfort food. Stews remind me of my childhood. Stews made from scratch. Stews that make my kitchen smell like home. We are back!
A little tip: If you want to make your stew sauce a little thicker, you can add some Tapioca. They look like little round balls. They dissolve quickly and thicken the sauce really well.
Incredibly Comforting And Heartwarming Veal Stew
- 1 pound veal cut into small pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato cut in small slices
- 1 cup bone broth *you can use any type of broth
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup of sweet peas
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup raisins
- A little olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat a little olive oil in medium/high heat. Cook the onions for about 3-5 mins, and add a little salt to season.
- Add the veal meat and mix with the onions. I buy veal meat already cut for stew. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bone broth, the tomato, tomato paste, carrots, peas, raisins, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
- If you want the sauce of the stew a little thicker you can just add 1 tablespoon of Tapioca and mix everything together.
- Cook in low/medium heat for about 45 mins to 1 hours.
- Serve and enjoy with couscous, rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or simply by itself.
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas, family activities, natural remedies, parenting advice, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative And Healthy Fun Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.