Make Your Own 4 Ingredient Cheddar Cheese Crackers. 4 simple ingredients, about 30 minutes, and you get to enjoy the most delicious homemade crackers.
Do you find yourself wondering what to give your children for snacks? Instead of buying cheese crackers at the supermarket full of preservatives, artificial colors and flavors; choose to make your own 4 ingredient cheddar cheese crackers. Remember that snacks are not “treats”, snacks are “mini meals”. So keep your snacks as healthy as possible!
Most commercial crackers are also very high in sodium and low in fiber. There is barely any fiber in Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers (less than 1 gram per serving) because the flour used is refined. If you buy the whole grain version: you only get 2 grams! That is because Pepperidge Farm whole grain goldfish crackers are not made with 100% whole wheat flour.
You can choose to make your own 4 ingredient cheddar crackers with 100% whole grains and it will be a healthier choice! Using fresh and quality ingredients is really important. If you prefer a gluten free option, please see my DIY Gluten Free Goldfish Crackers post and video where I show how easy it is to make these crackers. For this recipe I like to use Bob’s Red Mill, Organic, Whole Wheat Flour.
It is easier than you think with only 4 ingredients!
This Make Your Own 4 Ingredient Cheddar Cheese Crackers Recipe will make a big batch of cookies in less than 30 minutes using only 4 ingredients. Easy to make and so delicious! Use your fun cutters and your kids will be super excited about the crackers!
You can store your crackers in a Cookie Jar and enjoy them while they last. You can also use fun cutters in different shapes and sizes. Try this Fish Cookie Cutter and make your own goldfish with homemade ingredients. This recipe uses whole wheat flour.
This Make Your Own 4 Ingredient Cheddar Cheese Crackers Recipe is also a great idea for a school or on-the-go snack! One of mom’s biggest tasks is giving her kids lunch boxes filled with good and healthy food. With easy to prepare ideas and a few inexpensive gadgets, you can send healthy options your kids will love!
For more school lunch or snack ideas please see, Back To School Lunchbox Ideas. You will see also my recommendations for super cool and safe kid’s containers.
Make Your Own 4 Ingredient Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt. That is all you need for plain cheddar cheese crackers. If you want more seasoning then add 1 tablespoon Spike Salt-Free Seasoning (any salt free/herb seasoning will work, or use your own herbs -fresh or dried)
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a Food Processor and pulse several times to combine.
- Then add the butter and pulse until a ball forms. Take the dough out of the food processor and form a big ball with your hands to incorporate well. The dough generally comes out fine, but you may need to add a little bit of water (just a few drops) if your dough is not well formed.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface or on top of Parchment Paper. You don't want it too thin because the crackers could break easily. Cut in fun shapes with your favorite cookie cutters or if you don't have any, just cut in little squares with a knife.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes until golden brown. I bake the crackers on top of parchment paper, greasing it with a little bit of butter to prevent sticking.
- Enjoy your crackers while they last.
I really like the way they taste just plain. You may want to add different herbs depending on your taste. If you would like more fun food snack ideas please see my other post: Creative and Healthy Snack Ideas and please also visit 5 Processed Kids Snacks You Should Avoid for more information and healthier alternatives to popular kid’s products.
Making your own snacks like this homemade cheddar cheese crackers recipe is the way to go! The closer to nature, that better your kids will be, so stay away from processed foods, make your own snacks and choose real foods made with fresh ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative And Healthy Fun Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.