Molded Quinoa With Ground Beef Filling is such a creative and healthy meal for the entire family! It has sweet and salty ingredients making it so delicious and enjoyable. You can serve it in a super fun way and your family will love the presentation.
I grew up in Peru and this is a popular dish but they make it with rice. I am not a big fan of rice and decided to twist the recipe and substitute the rice for the nutritious and wonderful quinoa. It came out perfect and my family loved it!
Did you know Quinoa is gluten free and provides more calcium than milk? It is also a complete protein which means that it contains all 8 essential amino acids, an extremely rare quality in the plant world. Quinoa Nutrients: Vitamins B5, B6, E, Folic Acid, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Fiber, Protein, and Lysine. Sounds good to me!
Eating quinoa is a great alternative to eating rice which has very little nutritional value. Try substituting rice and cook your meals with quinoa. You will see it is really delicious and so much healthier.
For this recipe I used organic grass-fed beef. You can substitute the beef with ground turkey or chicken if you like it better. I also cooked the quinoa in vegetable broth to give it extra flavor. You can use chicken or beef broth as well. I also served it with some avocado on the side. Yum!
Molded Quinoa With Ground Beef Filling
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 10-12 olives chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth. I use Pacific Foods Chicken Broth it is made with only organic ingredients!
- Heat a little bit of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for another 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon.
- Then add the peppers, raisins, olives and eggs with some salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan to cook the quinoa, bring broth to a boil then add quinoa and lower heat to medium. I added a tablespoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 13-15 mins or until liquid is absorbed. Then cover and let it cool for about 10 mins.
- To serve, take a small/medium round or oval container (I used ice cream oval containers) and put some of the cooked quinoa. Then in the middle add the meat filling then again some quinoa. Press to make it tight and turn into a plate. It will come out easily.
- Your Molded Quinoa With Ground Beef Filing is ready.