Hi guys! I’ve been out of the blogging world for a while due to the arrival of the new member of my family, my daughter Daniela.  She was born on April 30th at around 4:00pm.  This time the delivery was super fast and practically painless, off course with the help of the epidural. Compared to my first delivery where I pushed for almost 4 hours, this time it was a breeze.  It took me literally 3 pushes and little baby Daniela was out.


I was so anxious and nervous about meeting my new baby girl thinking of all the things I had to go through with my son four and a half years ago.  The NICU, the tests, procedures, and sleepless nights worrying about his medical condition.  This time it was completely different.  My daughter was born 100% healthy with no issues.  You have no idea how relieved and thankful I felt after worrying for 9 months.

My stay at the hospital felt weird. I felt like a first time mom because with my son, I had to leave the following day to be with him at Miami Children’s Hospital.  I also didn’t get to hold him until he was 5-6 days old. This time I was able to breastfeed Daniela an hour after she was born, I was able to stay in the room with her, hold her, and just enjoy my baby girl.

Matias was really excited to meet his new little sister.  The first words that came out of his mouth were: “she is a cutie”.  He wanted to hold her, touch her, kiss her, he was really really happy.

After only two days, we were sent home.  It felt strange because my first experience was so much different, but I kept thinking this is the way it is when there are no complications. So we came home with our new healthy baby and everything was just perfect.


Matias is now four and half years old and doing great. You can read about his first years here: My Story-Esophageal Atresia. He can eat everything for the most part and rarely gets anything stuck.  When he does, he is aware of it now and knows how to either push the food down with water or throw it up.  We recently had his yearly check up and his wonderful pediatric surgeon said he is doing fantastic.  She always reminds us his esophagus will never be 100% normal and to always be careful with food.  She also says that with time he will become more and more aware of his limitations and be able to handle stuck incidents better.


So far, so good.  We haven’t had to take him to get unstuck since he was 18 months old.  I am a little worried that next year, when he will be in kindergarden and a big school, he will get a hold of food easily.  For now, I send all his food and snacks at his preschool.

He is also the best big brother ever! He helps me with the baby all the time and he is always thinking of her.  He is so proud to show her around when I take him to his preschool. He calls her “my baby”.  I am so happy that everything went well.  My family is now complete.



Categories: My Story, Tips & Advice