This post is a compensated campaign with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. All opinions are my own.
I am always trying to look for recipes that are easy to make and good for the entire family. I like to cook using fresh ingredients and make everything from scratch. There is nothing better than sharing a homemade dish with your family and friends if you have them over for dinner to watch a game too!
I decided to make Pork Sausage Homemade Style Paella and it was a big hit at home! I love the smell the peppers mixed with the crumbled Farmland® Homestyle Sausage, such a perfect combination for a wonderful meal.
Chopped onions, fresh garlic, chicken broth and natural spices really adds flavor to this delicious dish. In Spanish we also call it “Arroz Con Chorizo”. It is a very popular Latino dish. This is a healthier version of a typical Arroz Con Chorizo because I made it 100% with fresh ingredients and gave it a paella twist.
My husband and 4 year old son are huge paella fans! This is also a great meal to share when you have guests over for dinner. Simple and enjoyable meal full of great flavors. Using fresh ingredients is always the best choice.
I loved cooking with the new Farmland® Homestyle Sausage because is gluten free with no MSG; full of the delicious all natural flavors. It was perfect for my Pork Sausage Homemade Style Paella! The product is available in links and patties. If you want to check out their products, please go to their website: www.farmlandfoods.com
If you like paellas you might also want to try my Shrimp And Vegetable Couscous Paella recipe. I also a great appetizer using Farmland® Bacon, if you are interested please check it out: Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños.
Ground Meat Paella
- 2 cups rice
- ½ pound pork sausage (about)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper and cooking oil
- In a large pan sauté onions with cooking oil (the one you normally use at home), garlic, salt and pepper. Add the pork sausage breaking it up using a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 mins.
- Then add green and red peppers and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Then, add the rice, paprika, turmeric (for color) and mix well. Finally add the chicken broth and cover the pan.
- Let it cook in low to medium heat for about 20-25 mins until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a compensated collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.