New family favorite! Great for breakfast, lunch or a healthy snack. Perfect for toddlers too. Quinoa Mini Cups are simply delicious, a must try! Try different vegetable combinations, use your creativity and enjoy.
I recommend using silicone molds because they are so easy to handle and are safe to use. You don’t need to grease or oil the molds. Bakes really well and are also easy to clean. With this recipe you can make mini muffins which are bigger or nuggets for a smaller version. Works really well for mini cups or nuggets as a side dish!
My favorite molds for nuggets: Freshware 15-Cavity Mini Half Sphere Silicone Mold Great quality silicone and so easy to bake. Nuggets come right off but you need to wait until they cool down from the oven! The nuggets are the perfect size for my three year old son.
My favorite mold for mini cups or muffins: Silicone 24-Cup Mini Muffin Pan same here: wait until they cool down from the oven. Your quinoa mini cups will also be a great size for children.
Quinoa Mini Cups
- 2 zucchinis grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of ham chopped *optional
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- I cook quinoa in vegetable or chicken broth (my favorite is Pacific Foods Chicken Broth because it is organic and from free range chickens) Cook quinoa ratio: 2 cups broth and 1 cup quinoa in medium heat (uncovered) for about 15-20 mins until all the liquid absorbs. Then remove from heat, cover, and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place in baking mold and bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down before taking them out of the mold.
- You can serve these yummy mini cups hot or cold (I really like them warm).
If you want to buy a good quality quinoa, here’s a recommendation: