Looking for a quick, easy to make recipe? Try this Sautéed Shrimp With Asparagus idea and you have a delicious and healthy family dinner in only 15 minutes! At home, we love shrimp and it is so easy to cook. Remember to buy local wild shrimp and organic asparagus.
This Sautéed Shrimp With Asparagus uses only a couple of ingredients and you can serve it with your favorite side dish. We served it with whole wheat cous-cous this time but it also goes well with rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes. I gave this recipe a little Asian twist by adding a little soy sauce. I really love to incorporate soy sauce to sautéed dishes for added flavor.
If you love shrimp, please also see my Cauliflower Risotto With Grilled Shrimp recipe. Another great dinner option that is easy to make and the entire family can enjoy. Delicious family dinners can be easy to prepare. You don’t need a lot of ingredients or time to make tasty meals. You will also benefit from eating healthy and creating healthy eating habits for your family.
If you like the asparagus soft and cooked well, I recommend you steam first (for about 5 minutes) and then incorporate it in the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 pound of shrimp (peeled and cleaned)
- 20 asparagus *about (cut in pieces)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil and then sauté the onion for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shrimp, and sauté for only a couple of minutes turning the shrimp.
- Turn the heat to medium and incorporate the asparagus, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and salt and pepper and mix well. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes approximately.
- Serve and enjoy.