Traditional Style Ground Beef Picadillo is a super kid friendly recipe and definitely one of our favorite dishes at home. Serve it with rice, quinoa, mashed potatoes, couscous, or any other sides you like.
You are what you eat and that applies to cows too. This is the reason why I choose to buy grass fed beef. Grass-fed has less total fat than grain-fed beef. It contains up to 5 times as much Omega-3. It also has more vitamin E and minerals like potassium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus.
A cow that eats grass is eating real food vs. a grain-fed cow who eats a highly processed grain diet full of chemicals and genetically modified corn. I like to think about it this way: I want real food that eats real food!
There’s a fantastic company called Butcher Box that delivers the best organic grass-fed beef right to your door. Their beef is exactly the way nature intended. 100% healthy meat sourced from a collection of small grass-fed farms. You can really taste the difference. Click here to find out more about Butcher Box.
Look at my colorful Traditional Style Ground Beef Picadillo. The perfect meal for the family and super kid friendly too. I love homemade meals made with fresh ingredients. Add veggies to your recipes and make them healthier.
Traditional Style Ground Beef Picadillo
- 1 pound ground beef (grass fed beef is the healthiest choice)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 10-12 black and green olives chopped
- ¼ cup raisins or currants
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the ground beef is cooked (about 5-7 minutes), start adding the rest of the ingredients. You can also make this picadillo with red or green peppers or add a little red wine.
- Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for a couple more minutes to incorporate all the flavors.
- Finally try your picadillo and season with salt and pepper to taste.