Zucchini And Carrot Bars are fantastic finger foods for babies, kids and adults! These bars are easy to make and so delicious. Eat real food made with fresh ingredients and offer your family healthy choices.
Stay away from processed food and cook at home your own snacks. Most commercial snacks are full of preservatives and refined sugars. For more ideas please see 5 Processed Kids Snacks You Should Avoid. You will find homemade recipes packed with nutrition and creativity.
You can store your Zucchini and Carrot Bars in the refrigerator for several days. I prefer to eat mine warm, right out of the oven…..yum…..I love baking with zucchini. Either way warm or cold they are yummy and perfect for a quick healthy snack. I am sharing this great recipe from Jan Purser.
Zucchini And Carrot Bars
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ⅓ cup of grated cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley*optional
- 1 tbs almond flour (you can use all purpose flour if you prefer)
- Olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. A tablespoon is enough.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the eggs, cheese, parsley (*optional) and flour in a large bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
- Put the mixture into a baking square pan (lightly spread some butter or ghee before) and smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Take them out of the pan cutting into bars.